Saturday, July 6, 2013

"Osteria La Zucca" Venice - my favourite restaurant

I always think of my "foodie" friend Monique when I visit a restaurant multiple times! She is such a "foodie" that she is able to name the head chef of a restaurant like I can name architects of buildings, and as such, when she travels she likes to have many different cuisine experiences. I however, will return again and again to the same restaurant and even have the same meal if I love it - when you are on a good thing.... Such was my recent experience in Venice - 3 nights in the city and 3 nights of going to my favourite restaurant, "Osteria La Zucca" to have their famous "flan di zucca" (pumpkin flan). It doesn't really get much better I think - a light mousse-like pumpkin flan with a hint of nutmeg & cinnamon and aged ricotta grated over the top - I actually had to resist having it for both entree and main!