Monday, February 4, 2013

On the back of a Vespa - the best way to see Rome!

We have been back in Italy over the past few weeks - spending time in our house before our busy conferences begin again. The weather is superb with clear blue skies and crisp days. I have had my sister and my 16yr old twin niece & nephew staying, so went we to Rome for the day. Rome is only a 1.15hr trip from here, and our main intention of the day trip was to deliver on my Christmas gift to my niece & nephew - a 4 hour sight seeing trip around central Rome on the back of a Vespa - a la Audrey Hepburn "Roman Holiday" style. They didn't have to drive as that would be too much to deal with in the Roman traffic (let alone their lack of a driving license), but rather just had to sit on the back of a Vespa and take it all in - it doesn't get more Roman than that! 
The end result? - a huge hit and I am left with trying to top that gift for Christmas 2013!